Next Meeting: Nov. 10th at 6:30pm

Meeting will be held at the South Annex Building (former ambulance shed) just north of Culligan Water.

Culligan Water is located at 715 Jensen Hwy and HSARC meeting will be in the next building north.

The Saga Continues....

With the old ceiling now removed from the clubhouse, it was time to get started on cleanup and the upgrades. The first order of business was to remove the debris from the ceiling removal, clean up the clubhouse and remove some of the old outdated wiring and replace it with new.

Lon, Phil and Shawn started pulling old wires and running new ones, from the newly mounted circuit breaker panel to the lights, and light switches. Since this was the perfect opportunity to change up a few minor things, the light switch was relocated to the other side of the door (a more logical place) and a second switch was added to independently control the two new LED lights that were added to the ceiling. The outdoor light was also wired into a switch so that it may be shut off should repairs be needed.

Lon donated all of the new 14 gauge wiring that was installed for the lighting and Shawn donated all of the 12 gauge wire that was used for the outlets. Phil did all of the wiring up the breaker panel, switches, lights and outlets.

Dennis Cornell also dropped by to lend a hand by pulling nails left in the rafters from the old ceiling.

Once the new wires were in place, it was time to start stapling up the insulation and hanging the sheetrock.

A special thanks to Bob Seaboldt for loaning us his sheetrock jack, it sure made life a lot easier.
Shawn came in the night before the October meeting to put up the last 4 sheets of sheetrock so the ceiling would be closed in for the meeting.

It was 3:30 a.m and Shawn was down to the final sheet.....he was very happy when the last one was screwed in place.
Phil came in the next day and hung the new light fixtures so we could shed a little light on the meeting.
Lon, Phil and Shawn met at the clubhouse after a test session to start taping and mudding the seams. Pete Burkett also joined in and helped apply the first coat of joint compound.
Shawn came in a few days later and sanded the first coat, then he and Phil applied the second coat of joint compound on the seams.
Then a few nights before the November meeting, Shawn came in to sand the second coat and apply a 3rd coat of joint compound on the areas that needed it.

The third coat will need to be sanded, and a couple spots may still need a little work.......but it's almost ready for paint!!